*Disclaimer: Thank you to Shutterfly for providing product to facilitate these tips for quick and easy holiday cards. As always, all opinions are my own.*
Three kids. Three jobs. Three weeks to Christmas. Okay, I may be exaggerating here… but the holidays will be upon us faster than I can eat a tray of Christmas cookies. And as a mom, I find it hard to get everything done and still keep the JOY in this joyful season. One thing I am taking care of early this year is my Christmas cards. I love to send cards to family and friends and, even more so, I love receiving beautiful cards with smiling friends and family to display in our home.
Over the years, I have come up with a few tips for quick and easy holiday cards. Using Shutterfly, I know I will get a beautiful product that I am excited to send out. Here are my 5 tips to get one thing checked off your holiday To Do list and get you back to holiday merriment!
- Take a fun family photo – either with a pro or on your own. A casual fun family moment often looks and feels more natural than a perfectly edited one anyway!
- Head over to Shutterfly’s holiday cards. Upload a few pictures to choose from. You may not know which one will turn out to be your favorite until you see it on a card.
- Put your photos in the cards with the “Use my photo” option so you can see how they will look without having to personalize individual cards. You can quickly switch between photos until you find the perfect one for your cards! This is such a time saving option! I was able to pick my favorite in just a few minutes when I could see how my photo would look on each.
- Try something new: Pop outs, Ornament cards, Glitter, or Foil-stamped. The ornaments were on my short list this year! We have received them in the past and we continue to put them on the tree every year. I also love the pop out cards that allow you to save the photo without the holiday border. Your friends and family can put the photo on the fridge or in a frame as a memento all year long.
- Save yourself the time and headache by having them addressed and/or mailed for you! I have only chosen this step a few times (like when I had a new baby or when I’ve waited until mid-December to order them – ha!) but it comes in handy when you need it. At the very least, I love to order the matching return address labels to make the cards stand out in the mailbox.
Enjoy the season and create new memories – that’s one of the biggest joys of this season. So get your cards done and ready to be mailed now! I’d love to know which design you choose… Or just send me a card 🙂