To my beautiful princess,
You captivate me. Sometimes I just look at you – when you’re drawing, inspecting a toy, twirling in the living room, or just sleeping, and I can’t believe I get to be your mom. I am blessed to watch as the baby I once knew turns into a beautiful and silly girl. I thank God for you so often. As you turn three, here are just a few of the ways you have stolen my heart:
- When you ask if you can tell me a secret and then whisper, “I love you, Mommy” or “Mommy, you are beautiful” I melt. Your sweet tender spirit stops me in my tracks.
- When you stand in the living room and do your three part twirl, I can’t help but stop and watch. And ask to see it again.
- When you chase your brother across the house and end up hurting yourself, I smile. You just never give up. And your brother is your hero.
- When you sing to your baby brother in the car so he won’t cry, I am grateful. And I know you will have a special relationship with him when you’re older, too.
- When you are given a toy or a treat at Grandma’s or in a store, you always ask if you can have one for your brother. Your thoughtfulness is contagious. You make me want to care for people better.
- When you are tired and watching “one more show” before bed and ask me to snuggle, I will drop everything to cuddle with you on the couch. I dread the day you don’t want to snuggle with me anymore.
- When you bring me yet another princess dress to wear and I put it on you, you always look at yourself and say “Wow. I am beautiful!” I hope you grow up always knowing you are beautiful inside and out.
- When your Daddy says goodbye in the morning and asks for a hug, a huge mischievous smile comes over your face and you give him a running hug that knocks him over. I love you both more each time I see it.
- Every night you ask for “chopchip pantates and milt” for breakfast. It’s adorable. And you rarely get it for breakfast but don’t mind and keep asking.
- You try so hard to play Mario on the Wii with your Daddy and brother but you are so bad at it. You don’t care.
- You are starting to learn what you are allergic to and don’t often get jealous over what others are eating. You understand what being protected means and what it looks like.
- You sing an adorable version of “Thank you, Jesus” with your brother for almost every meal. I don’t think it could ever get old.
I thought I was here to teach you, but you are teaching me every day. I am so in love with you. Time to stop growing. I like you just the way you are! And, of course, Happy 3rd birthday, darling!
Love always and forever,